BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Anybody know how to get the form display similar to that from the old forums?  In particular, I want to be able to view the first few lines of a discussion and I want to be able to readily see which threads have had new content added since I last looked.

18 REPLIES 18
LainieH
Community Manager

Doc@Duke , click your image icon to get to your profile. In the right nav, click "Edit preferences" to customize the way discussions are threaded to your liking. I hope this helps.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Where is the help?

There is a filter for search by join date - but everybody seems to have got a join date as of 23rd of June 2011.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

I'll add some quick tip links and help to this Getting Started forum.

As for the join date -- Because we imported all of the data from our existing forums and then activated all of the accounts, the join date was set to June 23. It is an unforutnate side effect of the import process.

Note that each user has the ability to set the privacy settings on their user information. These settings also impact the information that appears in the user search.  I encourage you to visit your profile (click on your name in the Welcome bar) and review the privacy settings.

I hope that helps and thanks for jumping in to use the forums and provide comments.  These comments will help us focus our refinement tasks over the next couple of weeks.

-Renee

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Lainie, 

I went there, but I couldn't figure out how to select specific forums.  I could get it to show all of them, but that is a disorganized jumble.  Like Patrick, I haven't found useful help.

LainieH
Community Manager

Doc and Patrick, I'll find some additional documentation for you. I know that additional help will also be rolled out very soon. Just wanted to let you know I am checking on this for you and will get back with you shortly.

LainieH
Community Manager

Doc and Patrick, Try this view.

1. From this forum http://communities.sas.com/community/sas_procedures
  2. Click the Discussions Tab.
  3. This Discussions view (http://communities.sas.com/community/sas_procedures?view=discussions) will give you filter options and show recent messages.
  4. I recommend clicking the "Follow this Community" link in the right nav of that forum. Once you "follow" a forum/community in that way, you will be able to do this from the Top Navigation bar:

I highly recommend Renee Harper's blog and recent blog post where you'll find help & updates over the next weeks: http://blogs.sas.com/supportnews/index.php?/archives/158-Updated-Discussion-Forums-Arrive-on-Thursda...

Also, I recommend checking out this "Getting Started" community over the next days: http://communities.sas.com/community/getting-started

Thanks again,

Lainie

reneeharper
SAS Employee

I've turned on read tracking.  Let me know how it is working for you

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Renee,

Yes, the read tracking was helpful.  It would also be useful to see it in the My Stuff --> Communities listing.  I don't see it unless I go to the top entry in a forum.

--Doc

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Is there a way to mark all content as Read ie like in all forums

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Don't worry found it, need to be in discussions not all content tab Smiley Wink

ieva
Pyrite | Level 9

How can you turn it on?

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Ieva,

It's clumsy (and I don't think that it works the way it is supposed to), at least in Firefox 4.0   

Click on  forum

Click on any subject

click on the word "discussions" in the breadcrumb list

and then the "mark all as read" will appear on the line above the first subject.

Doc

ieva
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you! It seems that it works. Or at least I can see number of replies for different questions there and that is helpful too.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

You can also make the discussions tab the default,

go to the appropriate forum, select dicussions tab and click on make as default

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 in conversation