how to delete bulk Authenticated users from SMC

New Contributor

how to delete bulk Authenticated users from SMC

Hi all

I need to delete 500 user from SMC at time.

is there any code which available to delete the bulk user's at time.

SAS Employee

Re: how to delete bulk Authenticated users from SMC

Why can't you just log in to SMC, select User Manager, select only the checkbox 'Show Users', select appropriate users, right-click selected items and click 'Delete' ?

picture.png

New Contributor

But i have 10000 user in that I had specific list of user. is there any filter, that display the users which i need to delete instead of all user .

Respected Advisor

A lot of sites manage their users in LDAP/AD and then use scripts run in batch to sync with SAS Metadata (adding, updating and deleting users). There are a bunch of macros and sample scripts available for this task:

SAS(R) 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide

I believe you could use the same process by manually creating the SAS table with your users in a structure as you would get it from querying the authentication provider (AD/LDAP).

BUT: Having 10000 users probably means you should go for implementation of a clean sync script run in batch and managing users and groups becomes then a task of your normal enterprise wide user management.

Also: In case you're having in the moment "a bit of a mess" then there is a really helpful 3rd party SMC plugin on the market supporting you in identifying issues.

Metacoda Security Plug-ins - Metacoda

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation