how to delete bulk Authenticated users from SMC

New Contributor

how to delete bulk Authenticated users from SMC

Hi all

I need to delete 500 user from SMC at time.

is there any code which available to delete the bulk user's at time.

SAS Employee

Re: how to delete bulk Authenticated users from SMC

Posted in reply to Dyavanapelli

Why can't you just log in to SMC, select User Manager, select only the checkbox 'Show Users', select appropriate users, right-click selected items and click 'Delete' ?

picture.png

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Alksandra

But i have 10000 user in that I had specific list of user. is there any filter, that display the users which i need to delete instead of all user .

Respected Advisor

Posted in reply to Dyavanapelli

A lot of sites manage their users in LDAP/AD and then use scripts run in batch to sync with SAS Metadata (adding, updating and deleting users). There are a bunch of macros and sample scripts available for this task:

SAS(R) 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide

I believe you could use the same process by manually creating the SAS table with your users in a structure as you would get it from querying the authentication provider (AD/LDAP).

BUT: Having 10000 users probably means you should go for implementation of a clean sync script run in batch and managing users and groups becomes then a task of your normal enterprise wide user management.

Also: In case you're having in the moment "a bit of a mess" then there is a really helpful 3rd party SMC plugin on the market supporting you in identifying issues.

Metacoda Security Plug-ins - Metacoda

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation