BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

What are neccessary step to create a SAS library for microsoft server ?

I have created one but it is giving following error :-

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

What does it mean or what are the possible reason for above error?

Many thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

There are many examples in the documentation/papers on how to do this.

What have you tried? The error alone is not enough to understand your situation.

Data never sleeps
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

i have created first data connection through SAS SMC and then created new library using SAS SMC .

Is this working or not ? 

Can you suggest how should i proceed ?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

First step: make it work from outside SAS first (but from the same host), i.e. using Excel.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I find it easiest to get a LIBNAME statement working successfully first and then use that as my basis to create an SMC data library. Please post the LIBNAME statement that is giving you the error.

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have tried to run  below libname :-

LIBNAME SAS_MS SQLSVR datasrc="172.31.15.3:1433/JXX_XXX_EXT" SCHEMA=DBO user='misXXX' password='XXXXX';

and i have added entry for sqlsvr in odbc.ini and then tried below libname:-

LIBNAME SAS_MS SQLSVR  Datasrc=MSDATA_PROD  SCHEMA=DBO  AUTHDOMAIN="AUTH_MSSQL" ;

Am i doing right or not ?

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation