BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
samira
Obsidian | Level 7

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /opt/sas94/sasconfig/Lev1/SASApp/_webout.dat.

I would really be appriciated if someone helps me

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It looks like your stored process web output destination is defaulting to a SAS installation configuration folder which typically read-only for most SAS users.

Often this destination is defined in a FILENAME statement like: filename _webout "Your webout folder";

Try a FILENAME statement in EG pointing to a server-based folder you have write access to.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

_webout is a fileref that is automatically defined when a stored process is configured for stream output and run within a suitable context (usually via /SASStoredProcess from the web application server)

If you want to assign it a suitable filename when run from SAS code, look here how it is done:

STP Procedure - Outputfile Statement

Edit: if you already declared that file reference, you missed the fact that you have to use an "absolute" pathname in UNIX.

Absolute pathnames start from the root directory (therefore they start with a forward slash / ); names that do not start with a slash are considered relative to the current workling directory, which is in the SAS configuration tree for Workspace and Stored Process servers. You must not have write permission there, which is the reason for your ERROR.

If your stored process is run from the STP server, you must write your file to a location where the system's userid sassrv has write permission; if your STP is executed on a Workspace server, using $HOME/filename is sufficient, as the Workspace server runs under your own UID.

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I recently had an issue as the STP I was testing was writing to a pdf destination.  As per this stackoverflow question (credit: DomPazz) I think there is now a solid answer to your conundrum.

Simply test to see if you are in an STP session, and if not, write to the cache!  

%if  not (%symexist(_metaperson)) %then %do;

/* not an STP so redirect _webout */
  filename _webout cache;

%end;
/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation