BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RajK
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Can anyone help me in creating a pdf report with 14 columns  in portrait? When i do proc print to ODS PDF table has been breaking into 9 and 5 columns. I tried decreasing size of font and using split option but it didnt work. I have to add this page to 32 other pages in the report. Could any of you suggest me a way to do it without affecting options of other 33 pages?

Thanks,

RK

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Some things to reduce space involve using style overrides for the variable such as setting cellwidth, cellpadding to 0, reducing the width of the table boundaries, cell spacing and specifying formats for the variables sometimes helps.

What ODS style are you using and if you could provide your proc print code we might be able to add some other specific suggestions.

You may also need to play with page margins as 14 columns on 8 or 8.5 inch paper if you are defaulting to 1 inch margins leaves your columns to be pretty narrow.

Are any of your variables text?

Reeza
Super User

Sample data helps.

For the style needed, I sometimes pull the data into excel or word to determine what font/cell width I need to specify. It's easier to drag and click rather than type and guess sometimes Smiley Happy

Then I pull that info back into SAS to automate things.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation