File 'c:\myfolder\tstfil.txt' DLM=',' ;

PUT 'Name' 'Age' 'Gender' ;

run ;

While do I get follwoing message in log:

NOTE: The file "C:\myfolder\tstfil.txt" is:

File Name=/opt/sas/txn/Levmn2/SASAIX/C:\myfolder\tstfil.txt,

Owner Name=sas,Group Name=sas,

Access Permission=rw-------  

why a unix folder path '/opt/sas/txn/Levmn2/SASAIX'  automatically gets appended before the windows filepath....?

Can someone help..?

4 REPLIES 4
DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sounds like you're not using a local SAS engine but rather EG connecting to a unix box.  True?

If that's the case, the SAS doesn't actually know much about your local computer.  EG can interact with it, but you would have to do things like "Export as step in project" rather than coding a data step directly.

mjack
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks DBailey for the reply.

But how do I find if EG is connecting to a unix box...   IS there any parameter setting   by looking at which I will know that  its connecting to the Unix box?

Or

how do I use a local sas engine...    do i need to change any settings for that.....?

Thanks in advance

DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Tools > options > administration

should show you your current settings.

kij23
Calcite | Level 5

Ideally your SAS is accessed through a unix server, If you do not have a local SAS intalled you cannot do much.

Try to get this file to unix server and give that path.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation