Contributor
Accepted Solution

error with proc minanalyze

I have created five datasets after multiple imputation however, when I use

proc mianalyze parms=gmparms covb=gmcovb parminfo=gmpinfo;

modeleffects estimate;

run;

I get the following error

ERROR: The parameter Prm3 in the PARMINFO= data set is not in the COVB= data set.

I understand it  has something to do with my categorical variables..Prm 2 Prm 3 represent gender, where prm3 is the reference category similarly  Prm4,5, represent SES & Prm6 is the reference category..6 .But I am not sure how to fix it. I tried to include class statement but in vain. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tasneem

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-03-2013 01:53 PM
Super User
Super User

Re: error with proc minanalyze

You can contact SAS support directly for this type of usage question. Use the SAS license number that appears on the top of your SAS log.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

Check out the discussion:

Proc Mianalyze: obtaining combined results for categorical variable (glm/ ANOVA) ?

and somewhere down near the bottom, we finally figured out most of it.  It still looks like the global tests were difficult to construct.

Steve Denham

Contributor

Hi Steve,

Thank you for providing me the link to the discussion. It is very helpful. I have read the  documentation avaialble at

http://support.sas.com/rnd/app/papers/mianalyzev802.pdf

Multiple Imputation in SAS, Part 1

Multiple Imputation in SAS, Part 2

However, I am still stuck at the part where one has to combine the results of PROC GENMOD (for all the five imputations) which are stored in an output  file now. Mostly as you pointed out in a prior discussion because I have many CLASS variables. If I try the code below I still get error

proc mianalyze parms(classvar=full)=gmparms;

class GENDER grage gr_revenu2 SM02 CARDIAC_RELATED_COND PHYSICIAN NAM PATIENT NEUROTIC_DISORDER;

modeleffects GENDER grage gr_revenu2 SM02 CARDIAC_RELATED_COND NEUROTIC_DISORDER

centred_AC centred_AQ centred_BM centred_SE ;

run;

I get the following error which doesnt make sense because this variable is very much in the data set

ERROR: Variable GENDER is not in the PARMS= data set.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Tasneem

Respected Advisor

I'm sorry Tasneem, but this is one I don't have an answer for.  I suggest contacting Tech Support and opening a ticket with them.  If you do get this solved, please post back here so that we can know what to do.

Steve Denham

Contributor

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help. I have mailed the cite manager for SAS at our University to open a technical support  ticket. Will keep u guys posted.

By the way do you open techincal support tickets through using the site number for SAS licnecne or is there a quicker way around.

Thanks

Tasneem

Solution
‎06-03-2013 01:53 PM
Super User
Super User

You can contact SAS support directly for this type of usage question. Use the SAS license number that appears on the top of your SAS log.

Contributor

Thanks Tom..will do thatSmiley Happy

Contributor

Dear All,

I was able to figure out the solution to the problem, after getting help from SAS tech support.

The correct specification for the CLASSVAR= option from GENMOD is LEVEL.Hence the correct statement would be

proc mianalyze parms(classvar=level)=gmparms edf=218;

Hope it helps others with similar issues.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Tasneem

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation