BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gusfryk01
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to do what it says in the title of this thread but can´t find a way to do it. Any solutions?               

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The issue is that your SAS session does not "start in" the folder of the sas program you double-click but (iirc) in the windows\system32 folder.

Verify this by examining the status bar (very bottom of sas window) when you open a program with double-click.

If you wish to continue working this (diuble-click) way there are few options available.

place a copy of your autoexec.sas in that windows\system32 folder

Or 2

Create a windows environment variable called sas_options holding value

-initcmd "listing off"

Or 3

Update the installed SAS config file by adding (near the top)

-initcmd "listing off"

(backup that file before changing it)

Since I spend most of my time on SAS programming I always have a SAS session open. To review another program I just drag it to SAS, so I don't need these methods.

Good luck

peter

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gusfryk01
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Amir, that works great for removing the output window but unfortunately not permanently, When I start SAS again after closing the output window comes back again.

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Add the statement

Dm 'listing off';

to an autoexec.sas file in the folder where you start SAS

Then your sas sessiin will start without that output window

Good luck

peterC

gusfryk01
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Peter!

This would have solved my problem completely if it wasn´t for one tiny detail. When I open SAS by clicking on a SAS-file the output window appears like before.

Otherwise it is gone like you said it would  be. I created a file named autoexec.sas (that file didn´t previously exist) in my "current folder" and pasted the code you provided.

Thanks again!

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The issue is that your SAS session does not "start in" the folder of the sas program you double-click but (iirc) in the windows\system32 folder.

Verify this by examining the status bar (very bottom of sas window) when you open a program with double-click.

If you wish to continue working this (diuble-click) way there are few options available.

place a copy of your autoexec.sas in that windows\system32 folder

Or 2

Create a windows environment variable called sas_options holding value

-initcmd "listing off"

Or 3

Update the installed SAS config file by adding (near the top)

-initcmd "listing off"

(backup that file before changing it)

Since I spend most of my time on SAS programming I always have a SAS session open. To review another program I just drag it to SAS, so I don't need these methods.

Good luck

peter

RichardinOz
Quartz | Level 8

I can't validate this at present but if you have some control over your desktop (its not completely locked down) go th Control Panel - Default Programs and find the entry for .sas files.  It should specify sas.exe with some additinal parameters.  You can add -initcmd "listing off" to the parameters after sas.exe

Richard.

gusfryk01
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot! I tried what I thought would be the easiest solution and added the autoexec-file to my system32 folder and it worked!

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Adding a sasv9.cfg file to that folder allows you to add "invocation-only" options

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation