decision tree in entreprise guide

Contributor

decision tree in entreprise guide

Hi all,

I used to run decision tree analysis in  R, but I cannot manage to do it in entreprise guide,

anyone knows which procedure i should use? an example of code also would be great :-)

thanks in advance

Trusted Advisor

Re: decision tree in entreprise guide

Have SAS Eminer? It is part of that. Getting Started with SAS(R) Enterprise Miner(TM) 12.3 (Interactively Train a Decision Tree)

Coming also in VA SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.2: User's Guide (Working with Decision Trees)

Running in batch is different to interactive. There must be proc for that. It is hidden by these menu-s.

To translate R habits. Language cannot be patented R language SAS language is the same.  

Matrix support:  SAS - IML   this is having a R interface as logical similar

Data preparation wiht R, I see often Phyton being mentioned. SAS has a powefull dataprocessing in its SAS language(s).

All kind of R-packages let us name that by other people developed proceduers... SAS procedures and there are a lot of them.

Searching decision tree in procs...

SAS/OR(R) 9.3 User's Guide: Project Management (Proc Dtree)

SAS/ETS(R) 12.1 User's Guide (Decision Tree and Nested Logit)

All has it specific goal and usage with SAS. It is often bundled as a Solution (tailored for a type of usage)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Contributor

I don't have eminer.

thanks for the suggestions, but the procs you mentioned don't have the feature i was searching,

I would like for example a CHAID,

while

PROC DTREE gives a generic decision tree model

Trusted Advisor

Just google on that for the sas site. Chaid analyses is relative old. Most of it, sorry is Miner (google exclude use -miner)

How to get the statistics you need from SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation