data import sas University edition

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

data import sas University edition

I am new to sas and sas studio university edition. Trying to import data from access2000 dabase but it is importing the data.

Getting error : no localhost found and running on sas studio linux x64 VM.

Could you please help ?

proc import dbms=accesscs
            out=WORK.IMPORT  replace
            table='history';
   port=8621;
   server="localhost";
   database='/folders/myfolders/abc/data.mdb';
run;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-21-2016 04:40 PM
Super User
Super User

Re: data import sas University edition

Posted in reply to rajasekharba

To read Microsoft Access files you need to have a process that is running on Windows.  The UE version of SAS is running on Unix in a virtual machine.  So it cannot directly read Access files. It can read XLS and XLSX files.

I am not sure if you can get it to connect to a SAS PC Files Server to allow it to import from Access by using the Files Server process running on a machine that is using Windows.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User
Super User

I don't think that SAS University Edition includes support for Microsoft Access database.

You can probably use EXCEL to convert your data to XLSX files.  You can read those using UE.

Occasional Contributor

Tom,

Thanks You!

I have one more clarification. When i run the proc setinit; run; command. It is displaying "---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files". Please let me know this not the required library? sorry for asking again. I am new to sas UE.

Solution
‎05-21-2016 04:40 PM
Super User
Super User

To read Microsoft Access files you need to have a process that is running on Windows.  The UE version of SAS is running on Unix in a virtual machine.  So it cannot directly read Access files. It can read XLS and XLSX files.

I am not sure if you can get it to connect to a SAS PC Files Server to allow it to import from Access by using the Files Server process running on a machine that is using Windows.

Occasional Contributor

Thank You Tom!

Super User

Officially SAS UE does not support Access DB or access to SQL server. 

Unofficially it appears if you install SAS PC File Server locally you can get around this. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/SQL-Server-ODBC-DSN-Connection-Error-CLI-error-trying...

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation