BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KS_SG
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I am trying to copy a text string, e.g., a folder path, from a local PC to the Enhanced Editor window of SAS that is running on a remote sever. Could someone advise what configuration is needed to enable this copy/paste?

Thanks,

KS

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If the remote server runs on UNIX, you probably run it through some kind of X windowing environment. X Window servers on PCs usually paste the content of the clipboard when you click the middle mouse button.

KS_SG
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Bremser.

The remote server runs on Windows.

I can copy and paste previously. But it does not work anymore after my IT adminstrator reinstalled the operating system (Win 7) on my PC. My IT adminstrator told me that some configuration is needed to enable the copy and paste from local to remote SAS program editor. Unfortunately he forgot how to do that Smiley Sad

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then it is a question of the tool that you use to access the remote desktop, maybe their documentation is of help.

I'm a UNIX guy and not much help when it comes to Windows servers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation