BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pk2012
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying to do an event study. I got the announcement dates, the daily returns, and market returns. Can someone please help me with the coding?

For this event study, my event window is (-10,0, 10). My estimation period is 60 days prior the event window (-11 to -71). I want to use market model to estimate the betas (market model is Ri = a + b*Rm + u where Ri= return of a security; Rm = return of a market; u = error). I am trying to get expected returns, abnormal returns, cumulative abnormal returns, and statistical significance of the cumulative abnormal returns.

I tried to developed codes by looking at the information online. However most of the codes are complicated for me to understand and I am not able to get it right. I would appreciate if someone shares the code for the event study.

I am attaching two xls files: event_study.xls which has the daily returns and market returns. datacfo2.xls has announcement dates. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
NicolaiB
Calcite | Level 5

This is a very valid question and I supprised nobody have answered you, did you ever find your code?

If so please send me a sample, I am looking for the same thing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation