BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ranny
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to run SAS Program through Unix Script in Autosys . . .

It said run success but 

Error: Enable to start SAS Process

chmod: can't access /folder1/folder2/folder3/xyz.saslog

DO you think there is a some mistake in unix code or any other reson ??

Please let me ..

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Mather
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Ranny.

Quentin is quite likely right, but if that's the problem, an even better practice in general for scheduling jobs (SAS or otherwise) is to control where the log file is generated. by adding an

-log /yourlogpath/yourlogfilename.log

parameter and argument to the scheduled sas spawn command. This way, you can control exactly where the log is generated, and if you choose a path you already have permisisons for, then problem solved.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers.

Damien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

This is just a guess.  A quick google search revealed that Autosys is scheduling software.

From the second message, I'm guessing that maybe the job is trying to write a log file to

/folder1/folder2/folder3/xyz.saslog

So I would check the permissions to that folder and the file (if the file already exists), to make sure you have the appropriate permissions.

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Damien_Mather
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Ranny.

Quentin is quite likely right, but if that's the problem, an even better practice in general for scheduling jobs (SAS or otherwise) is to control where the log file is generated. by adding an

-log /yourlogpath/yourlogfilename.log

parameter and argument to the scheduled sas spawn command. This way, you can control exactly where the log is generated, and if you choose a path you already have permisisons for, then problem solved.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers.

Damien

Ranny
Obsidian | Level 7

Quentin and Damien,

Thank you for your advice guys !!

I came across with one more problem. Can you please guide me ??

As you know I am running SAS program through Autosys !! so In autosys I am assigning Path for unix script and when Unix script runs through autosys, its invoking SAS program (means unix script call the sas program) and the question is . . . .

In SAS program everything is going goood.  ..  but at the end of SAS program I have assigned three PROC EXPORT procedure for .csv and In SAS log it says

1.    "X:\filename.csv" was successfully created

2.    "\\hotest\folder1\folder2\filename.csv" was successfully created

3.   "\hotest\folder1\folder2\filename.csv" was successfully created

But when I open the particular folder then I am not finding .csv file ?? Why ?? I have access for this folder also . . .

If you know any possibility for this problem then pls tell me otherwise you can give me some other option also.. Thank you Sir !!

- Ranny

SandorSzalma
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Ranny,

AFAIK there is no X: drive on Unix.

A file on Unix filesystem looks like this: "/hotest/folder1/folder2/filename.csv"

Regards,

Sándor

shridharmanvi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

You can also try using 'Putty' to schedule your programs. It runs your SAS program in the background.

Let me know if you are interested.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Hi,

I am very interested. We are planing to run some batch job under win7 and we do have putty installed. Please show me some directions or share some docs. Thanks a lot!

Haikuo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation