BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hpl104
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to add a record in MS Excel and 'automatically' import the data to SAS?

4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Do your import as a view rather than as a SAS dataset.

hpl104
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your swift response. How should my proc import statement look like if I were to import it as a 'view' rather than as a dataset? I apologize for my ignorance . .. We use SAS Enterprise Guide here and I do not have sufficient authorization to do DDE . ..

With kind regards,

Hui

Hui P. Liew, Ph.D.

Data Analyst

MedExpress Headquarters

1751 Earl Core Road

Morgantown, WV 26505

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hui,

Drat -- they changed the option in EGuide 5.1.  In 4.x, you could set a global parameter to create views instead of datasets (in tools --> options).  Although there is a reference to in in the query builder help, I can't find it (In query builder, you can change the data type via the options button in the task).  The import wizard does not allow the change for one file.

Since you are using EGuide, you could put the import in the autoexec process flow and it would update each time the project is opened. 

Another approach if you are creating the data for others to use, which is more semi-automagic, would be to use a scheduled task to run the import activity that kicks off frequently.

Doc

hpl104
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks alot Doc. Have a great weekend!

Hui

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation