BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kds
Calcite | Level 5 kds
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

In the below graph which is drawn using gbarline, is it possible to add a text on the graph region shown by arrow.

I am able to draw a reference line using ref option. But not able to add a text above it.

I created below annotate dataset and used it against PLOT statement(of gbarline ) but it says Annotate not supported by PLOT...

Then I used it against BAR statement but it doesn't work.

data an1;
      length function color text $ 30 style $ 20;
      hsys='3'; when='a';
      function = 'move'; xsys='1'; x=0; ysys='2'; y=3000000; output;
      function = 'draw'; xsys='1'; x=100; ysys='2';  y=3000000; line=33; size=2;color="gray"; output;
      function = 'label'; xsys='1'; x=75; ysys='2';  y=3000000; style="Arial"; size=2; text='Limit'; position="2"; output;
run;

proc gbarline data=sashelp.electric;
   bar year / discrete sumvar=Revenue subgroup=Customer
              html=revtip name="US_Electric_Power"
              des="Chart of US Electricity Generation Sources and Consumers";
   plot / sumvar=AllPower   html=alltip  ref=3000000;
run;

Could someone help me please.!!.(here the reference line and hence the text depend only on the plot response axis and not the bar response axis. so dont want to interchange..)

gbr_pl_anno.bmp

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

Hopefully Robert or anyone more versed in graphics than me will respond.  However, I think your coordinates are off and annotate can be included.  The following does do exactly what you asked for, but shows that you are on the right track:

data an1;

length function color text $ 30 style $ 20;

hsys='3'; when='a';

function = 'move'; xsys='1'; x=70; ysys='2'; y=280; output;

function = 'draw'; xsys='1'; x=90; ysys='2'; y=180; line=1; size=1;color="gray"; output;

function = 'label'; xsys='1'; x=90; ysys='2';y=180; style="Arial"; size=2; text='Limit'; position="2"; output;

run;

proc gbarline data=sashelp.electric

annotate=an1;

bar year / discrete sumvar=Revenue subgroup=Customer

html=revtip name="US_Electric_Power"

des="Chart of US Electricity Generation Sources and Consumers";

plot / sumvar=AllPower   html=alltip  ref=3000000;

run;

kds
Calcite | Level 5 kds
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Arthur for your reply.

Actually the reference line needs to be drawn from 3000000.

In the diagram shown,  3000000(of plot response axis) corresponds to 180(of bar response axis) , but in actuality 3000000 can correspond to any value....   since ref line text needs to be along 3000000( so 3000000 is fixed)..hence I tried hardcoding y=3000000  ...

Does   y variable (in annotate) always refers to LEFT Y-axis.... , how can we make it refer to the RIGHT Y-Axis(in this case the PLOT Response Axis)

i even tried y1=3000000    , y2=3000000    it doesn't work.......

art297
Opal | Level 21

Will YAXIS= “Y2” work?

ballardw
Super User

You may want to look into Graph Template Language as there are some additional features such as this available. The GTL REFERENCELINE statement allows labeling a reference line, controlling the font and color of text and some minimal control over where in relation to the line the label will appear.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation