a question from a total SAS neophyte

New Contributor

a question from a total SAS neophyte

Hi,

I am trying to learn basic stats and I was given a file (called lbw) from a statsclass. Other folks use normal SAS software but I am on the SAS UNiversity edition so I am clueness on the codes needed to access and do analyes using this file,

The lbw file is sitting in my SASUniversityEdition's subfolder "myfolder" in my c: drrive, but I don't know what is the next step. Anyone could help me to get started. Having the exact codes will be much apprecaited.

Total novice to SAS,

SFLToronto 

Super User

Re: a question from a total SAS neophyte

Posted in reply to SFLToronto

You don't say what kinds of file - the code depends on the file type, but SAS UE also supports point and click tasks, you should explore those.  

Look under Learning Community - SAS UE for questions specific to SAS UE

There are video's on here that describe how to use SAS UE (try the learning library) or a series of posts by @DarthPathos that have an introduction to using SAS UE. 

Good Luck, with SAS and your assignment.

Frequent Contributor

This is how I referenced MYFOLDER in SAS UE.   I created a sub folder RAWFILES but that is not necessary.

Substitute your file name for PRE44.TXT.

data;

infile '/folders/myfolders/rawfiles/pre44.txt';

input ....'

JIm

Super Contributor

I realise it's tricky (thanks @Reeza for the shoutout! :-)) but the documentation provided with the download does go through the steps needed to set everything up; it took me 3 or 4 hours of fighting with the software before I gave up and read the documentation, and I had my problem fixed in 10 minutes.

Check the video tutorials, my blogs, and you should have enough to get up and running.

Good luck!!

Chris

Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation