X with pushd

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

X with pushd

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with X command. We have a client that have acces to a our server and save files there. Since this directory is constantly changing, I want to copy the important files on my programming folder.

To do that I try to use X command and go to the directory. The first problem that I found is that I cannot go with CD, I must use pushd because it's on a path like "192.168...". With CD function I have done similar thinks

x cd "&path";
x copy "&file1" "&path2.\&file2.";

But if i do the same replasing CD by PUSHD it seems that they use different CMD consoles and doing this in first one go to the directory and in the second one try to copy a file that don't exist in the default directory.

How could I use PUSHD and other function in the same CMD console?

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-19-2016 06:06 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: X with pushd

I would speak to your IT group.  192.168... is an IP address, so you wouldn't need to go there, you should just be able to map a network drive - but you will need to know the address for it, thats why I say ask your IT.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-19-2016 06:06 AM
Super User
Super User

I would speak to your IT group.  192.168... is an IP address, so you wouldn't need to go there, you should just be able to map a network drive - but you will need to know the address for it, thats why I say ask your IT.

Frequent Contributor

I already have mapped the addres and now I could importe it. Thanks for the recommendation
Super User

CD will not change your SAS working directory so your copy shouldn't work. You should specify the full path for both files. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation