BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Everyone,

I am delighted to engage with the SAS support communities. I found the supports, thus far, are very helpful to me with respect to my data manipulations that I am working at this moment.   

For this project, I am going to finish my exercises soon, although I would like to post two challenges that I cannot answer myself. These challenges are:

1) Identifying continuity in longitudinal data.

This issue I am looking for a syntax that allows me to calculate changes over time in viral load tests that can be ranged form 1 to over 300 tests in 10 years.  

2) When I calculate changes in the first year of VL, I have observed that my data was no longer in longitudinal. I observe that I have one record for each subject study.

My question here how can I keep my data to be longitudinal format.

I look forward to hearing everyone's assistance.

Phan S.

4 REPLIES 4
PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me with solutions for my inquires. Please let me know if you have concerns.

Thanks,

Phan S.

ballardw
Super User

Do you need a running cumulative change for each patient?

How do you calculate change in viral load, change in a count or a percent or some other rate?       

PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I will use log10 as well as actual values. I do not use percentage.

Re. cumulative changes, I will look for each subject as well as for the cohort.

Thanks,

Phan S.

ballardw
Super User

Might be time to post some dummy input data and the desired output(s) and what you did that you didn't like.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation