When are points updated

PROC Star

When are points updated

Just curious.  I've submitted a number of answers and helpful answer posts, but my point total never changes.

Super User

When are points updated

Neither does mine...Guess I'll always be a novice!

PROC Star

When are points updated

I was going to credit you with a correct answer, but really don't consider you a novice at all.  So that you don't feel too bad about it, there are at least four SAS-L Hall of Fame members on the forum and their ratings are between newbee and apprentice.

I really don't care about my own rating (I'm too old and have already achieved enough accolades throughout my career) but, since the point system was established, I noticed that some of the assignments looked arbitrary, none seemed to change and, most importantly, some very key people dropped off.  I don't know if that was because of the ratings they were assigned, but it well could have been.  Hey, if we are going to have a point system it should at least work correctly.

Super User

When are points updated

Thanks...I think (hope) people who have dropped off are smarter than me! Any new tech takes a little while to work out the kinks and I'm sure Communities.sas.com will take a few months to iron out all the bugs. They're probably smart enough to site on the sidelines til then.  I like playing with new things though...

SAS Employee

When are points updated

Hi Folks.

Sorry for the delay.  It appears that there are two things going on.

• The first is that we were awarding points in a way that didn't really credit you for each post.  Most points are accumulated when a user indicates that your response is either the correct answer or a helfpul answer.  I have adjusted the points setting.
  • Once I did that, I realized that those of us who were imported from the old system aren't getting our points updated quite right.  I have opened a request to have the technical team look into the issue and to update the points. 

I'll post an update when I get one.

Keep the comments coming!

-Renee

PROC Star

When are points updated

Lainie,

They did something as today I was finally awarded some points.  However, I don't think that they've recalculated the points from when the point thing started.

I really don't like having points assigned but, if we are going to do it, we should at least apply it fairly and consistently.  It shouldn't be very difficult to recalculate everyone's points from the date (wasn't it just last month) that this started?

SAS Employee

When are points updated

HI Art,

You are correct.  We took the first step in correcting the points yesterday. I've provided the development team with a few accounts to review to help them finish the task.  Thanks for providing some information about your points.  I'll add you to the example list.

Respected Advisor

When are points updated

My points increased by 2 from 662 to 664 yesterday/overnight.  Since answers are given 3 points or 4 points something is "off".

SAS Employee

When are points updated

It adds 4 points for a correct answer, 3 points for a helpful answer, 2 points for a message and 4 points for a document.

PROC Star

When are points updated

What is considered a document?  If one gets 4 points for including an attachment that could turn into an ugly scenario that will probably be abused.

SAS Employee

When are points updated

A document isn't an attachment.  I haven't made documents very obvious yet and in some forums, they aren't turned on. Documents are outside of a discussion thread. You can use a document as another collaboration means.  To see them,  got to Browse --> Documents from the top banner.

Super User

When are points updated

It looks like points are being added up now, but everything between the start and yesterday is lost still?

Thanks for getting it working!

SAS Employee

When are points updated

About the level names....

They don't reflect your knowledge of the software, but rather your involvement with the system -- at least at first.  If people take the time to rate or rank your contributions, the points add up faster, because those points to indicate knowledge rather than participation.

I'm open to different names for the levels.  Let me see if I can come up with a poll or a document that we can use to get some feedback.

As always, comments and suggestions are encouraged! 

SAS Employee

Re: When are points updated

The points system is fixed.  It is now calculating points apporpriately as they are earned.  We did 'back fill' points for those whose points were not credited.   You should see your activity rewarded appropriately from this point forward.

PROC Star

When are points updated

Not fixed yet.  I got some points credited on the 27th or 28th, but then they stopped again.  Interestingly, while I don't get points for messages, helpful or correct responses, I do usually get an increase of 2 additional total posts each time I post anything.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 in conversation