What do you consider "don't miss" activities at SAS Global Forum?

SAS Employee

What do you consider "don't miss" activities at SAS Global Forum?

SAS Global Forum is just around the corner.  If you are planning to attend, you are probably finishing up your schedules and planning for events, papers, and demo room time.  The conference has been getting larger and busier every year.  When I look at the schedule my first thought is "be careful. don't miss anything."  Let's help each other out to ensure that no one misses something just because they didn't know about it.

Rick Mitchell, SAS Global Forum 2013 Conference Chair, shares a few nuggets in this video: What Not to Miss at SAS Global Forum 2013.  I'd love it if you all would share a few things that you are looking forward to.

Me?  Well, I look forward to showing support.sas.com and communities.sas.com to people who have never or rarely visited the sites.  But, my favorite part is learning from all of the attendees what kinds of things would make the sites better. And I never miss the online forums meetup.  If you participate in SAS communities (sasCommunity.org, sasprofessionals.net, sascanada.ning.com or communities.sas.com), you should join the fun at the SAS user on-line forums meetup.

PROC Star

Re: What do you consider "don't miss" activities at SAS Global Forum?

: and, as shown in the link you provided at the end of your post, the meetup is also going to include the folks from SAS-L and the SAS-related LinkedIn groups, and is definitely a "don't miss" activity.

I'm sure that all of the presenters will consider their own presentations to be "don't miss" activities as well, and I definitely fit into that category.  Here are two presentations that began as SAS Discussion Forum posts:

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/A_Better_Way_to_Flip_(Transpose)_a_SAS_Dataset

Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Time: 3:00pm-3:20pm
Room 2016 - Moscone West Convention Center

and

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Increase_Your_Productivity_by_Doing_Less

Tuesday, April 30, 2013
4:45pm-4:55pm
Room 2003 - Moscone West Convention Center

For those who can't make it to SGF, the above links provide the papers' abstracts, the actual papers themselves, the powerpoints that will be presented, and the actual SAS code that is described in the papers.  Of course, you won't get to see/hear me ramble on regarding how the two macros are the greatest things since sliced cheese, but maybe that's a good thing.

Trusted Advisor

And for those that are in town on the Saturday evening please join us at the #SASGF13 #TweetUp. Details can be found at http://www.bi-notes.com/2013/03/sas-global-forum-2013-tweetup/ just leave a comment, or tweet Tricia Aanderud or myself if you are planning to be there.

PROC Star

If you happen to be Canadian, Monday night's Canadian Night Out is ALWAYS an event that shouldn't be missed!

The venue haven't been announced yet, but I'm sure it will be nice (as always), and with plenty of free drinks and food.  It starts at 9:00PM.  I'll post the venue, on this thread, as soon as it is announced, but I'm sure it will be in walking distance from the conference.

Community Manager

Renee is right - I'll also be there to answer questions about support.sas.com, communities.sas.com and sasCommunity.org.  So please do visit us.  Look for the super demos about support.sas.com, too, to be held on the demo floor.

, thanks for posting the information about those two presentations, too!

PROC Star

: I just took the time to look at Rick Mitchell's video that had mentioned (i.e., What Not to Miss at SAS Global Forum 2013 - YouTube ) and discovered that there is an app one can download.  It didn't mention where you can get the app, but I found it with my phone by clicking on the 'Play Store' icon and searching for 'sas global forum app'.

Definitely a MUST HAVE for anyone attending the conference.  Besides all of the Agenda Builder features (e.g. scheduling the presentations you want to attend and the ability to contact any attendee), all of the selections one makes with the Agenda Builder are automatically transferred to the app and, for each presentation, an icon appears that gives the user a way to evaluate the presentation(s).

SAS Super FREQ

For the statistically oriented crowd, have you ever wanted to experiment with the SAS matrix language, but don't have the SAS/IML product licensed at your site? Problem solved!  Attend the free Hands-On Workshop, Getting Started with the SAS/IML Language, Tuesday, April 30, 1:30–3:10pm. in Room 2024.

PROC Star

For any of you who can't make it to SGF this year, here is a "Don't Miss" link to all of the papers that will be presented:

SAS Global Forum Proceedings

Of course, if you are going, that is definitely a nice site to help determine which presentations you really "Must See!"

SAS Super FREQ

Thanks, Art! It's nice that someone monitors these web sites.

SAS Employee

SAS Global Forum is now just a week away.  Do you have your schedule ready yet?  If you think just because you aren't attending that you don't need to plan for the event, you could be missing out.  There will be blog posts and live streaming of presentations and lots of tweets and pictures.  Put these events on your schedule too.

SAS Super FREQ

For me, an important "don't miss" item is the Technical Opening Session, which takes place Monday morning.  This is the place where new features in the analytics products (such as SAS/STAT, Enterprise Miner, and so forth) are announced.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation