BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas126
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have a question on Weibull distribution using SAS.

I know there are some SAS procs that do the work.

I have done warranty analysis on Reliasoft Weibull tool.But now I want to do on SAS.

For a product ,we get the shipment data and the replacement data for specific time period.I want to run Weibull 2p, 3p, Log normal,G Gamma methods and check the distribution.

My goal is to make sure that If the replacement rate is more (product has a problem) and make sure to fix it ASAP.

Any method or idea on how can I proceed on this would be very helpful.

Right now I take shipment column and  (replacements in Nevada format) - load to the realisoft weibull tool and get distribution.

The draw back is that there is lot of manual work (data in to excel , change to nevada format) .Want to get rid of this and make it easier in SAS.

Please advise.

Thanks

Sri

7 REPLIES 7
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you are doing quality control, so you should look at SAS/QC software: SAS/QC(R) 12.3 User's Guide

In particular, you can fit parametric distributions to data by usiung the CAPABILITY procedure (the UNIVARIATE procedure in Base SAS also has this ability). There is an example of fitting Weibull, lognormal and Gamma in the documentation.

sas126
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick

Thanks for your response.Unfortunately I do not have SAS/QC.

All I have is SAS/STAT and SAS/Graph with EG.

Thanks

Sri

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Then use PROC UNIVARIATE.

sas126
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick

I want to use Proc Lifereg. But before using it , I  will have to right censor my data.Currently I have my data in the stacked format.

Please see the attached image for the data. Can you please suggest me how do i right censor and then use model statement for proc lifereg?

Thanks

Sridata.JPG

sas126
Calcite | Level 5

How do I use proc univariate on right censored data?

Example:

Strength Censor

10     0

15     1

16     1

32     0

Reeza
Super User

What are the rules for censoring?

Use those rules to define a new censor variable in Query tool then your data is in the correct format for proc lifereg.

sas126
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your response.

Yes, But that only works for Weibull 2p ,Lognormal and Gamma.

I want to calculate estimates for 3 Parameter weibull distribution.

Thanks

Sri

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation