BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Venki
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS community.

I have a large dataset of 7500 subjects with procedure dates in mm/dd/yyyy format and I need to know which weekday the procedure date would be; I am trying to basically analyze if subjects who had procedures during weekday (monday to friday) and during regular work time (7am-7pm) compared to off-peak hours (7pm-7am on mon to friday AND sat, sun)

Is there a way to know that.

SAS instructions says:

WEEKDAY( date )

returns the day of the week from a SAS date value. For example WEEKDAY=WEEKDAY(’17OCT1991’D); returns , the numerical value for Thursday.

But, I am not quite sure how to use this..

I havevariable "proceduredate" in mm/dd/yyyy format.

Can anyone help?

Thanks and appreciate your time

Venki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Assuming you have a SAS date, numeric variable, date format then use the formula in the example:

weekday=weekday(proceduredate);

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Assuming you have a SAS date, numeric variable, date format then use the formula in the example:

weekday=weekday(proceduredate);

Venki
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks so much ! Appreciate it !

Venki
Calcite | Level 5

Just figured it out

just a simple command

weekday=weekday(arrivaldate)

did it and returned a value of 1 for sunday and onwards.....nice !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation