Web Report Studio could not access oracle tables while the EG can

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Web Report Studio could not access oracle tables while the EG can

Hi,

I got some wrong when I used the Web Report Studio to create a new BI Report using the Oracle tables,while the EG client could access the same table.

The error message "could not load sasora" like below:

54DA1DAE@9D2CF94(02-20-10-49-44).jpg

The system info:

1) 3-tier deploymentSmiley Frustratederver-tier and Middle-tier OS - Solaris,Client-tier OS - windows,Application Server - JBOSS;

2) I had set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the Server-tier;

3) Define Oracle library in Metadata Server using SMC;

4) EG,DI Studio could access Oracle Tables;

5) Information Map,Web Report Studio could not access the Oracle Tables;

Does anyone know why,please?And what's the solution?

54DA1DAE@9D2CF94(02-20-10-49-44).jpg

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-25-2014 04:08 AM
Super User

Re: Web Report Studio could not access oracle tables while the EG can

One difference between EG and WRS/IM access is that the later usually uses a pooled workspace server, and EG/DIS uses individual workspace server sessions. So I would start there. If you have made changes to accomplish Oracle access, you may need to restart the pooled workspace servers (why not he whole SAS server package, just to be sur...).

There could also be somthing to do with authorization, pooled workspace server executes under a shared SAS account, typically sassrv. How does that interact with Oracle access?

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-25-2014 04:08 AM
Super User

One difference between EG and WRS/IM access is that the later usually uses a pooled workspace server, and EG/DIS uses individual workspace server sessions. So I would start there. If you have made changes to accomplish Oracle access, you may need to restart the pooled workspace servers (why not he whole SAS server package, just to be sur...).

There could also be somthing to do with authorization, pooled workspace server executes under a shared SAS account, typically sassrv. How does that interact with Oracle access?

Data never sleeps
New Contributor

Thank you.

Finally,we found out  that the SAS account sassrv could not start the Oracle client sqlplus.

It works when we add the sassrv to the Group Oracle Users.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation