BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ruben_ferreira
Calcite | Level 5

How can I view metadata server logs outside of SMC. I have a client need to view the logs but without acess to the management console. Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

As long as you have permissions in the SAS configurations directory.

Logs are stored typically in

SASConfigdir\LevN\SASMeta\MataDataServer\Logs\

Data never sleeps
ruben_ferreira
Calcite | Level 5

And if I don´t have access? Can I view it somehow via Entreprise Guide as a report?

I am aware that the logs for web report studio are in XML format and they can be viewed as a report in EG.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What SAS version do you use?

In SAS 9.4 all these logs ara available in the new web based console (if you get the proper permissions 😉  ).

Of course, you could someone build a report that displays the log. i.e. using SAS Stored Process.

But if you don't have permissions, someone seems to have decided that the contents of these logs should not be available...?

Data never sleeps
ruben_ferreira
Calcite | Level 5

I am using version 9.3.

And these logs should be available, not just via management console or direct acesso to the directory of where they are.

So if I use a a stored process to access the log directory I can build a report to view the logs?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Yes you can.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation