BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Maud
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

My datasets are saved on a Sharepoint and I was used to create libraries with SAS 9.2 using the pathway to this sharepoint (as a network location on my computer). Since the migration to 9.3, I get the following error message:

ERROR: Encountered error when the V9 engine tried to determine if LIBRARY has a registered

secured library object location.

ERROR: An I/O error has occurred.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance

Maud

6 REPLIES 6
Dr_Bob
Calcite | Level 5

I too would like help on this issue.  Any luck?

Dr_Bob
Calcite | Level 5

In talking with some SharePoint gurus in our IT community I discovered that SharePoint was never intended to be used this way.  SharePoint is more for tracking MS files (Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, etc.) and not a good architecture for storing and processing datasets.  The fact that we got it to work with SAS 9.2 was possibly a "back door" entrance that wasn't supposed to be there.  I've since tried to replicate the problem in SAS 9.2 and found it not working either, but with a different error statement.  Perhaps MS has pushed a fix?

esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

SAS assess to the excel files on sharepoint has been a problem for us as well, so its not just a SAS dataset issue. The only solutions we have found is have access databases (on the network) linked to the excel files in sharepoint. Be interested in any other experiences that people have with Sharepoint and SAS.

EJ

See SAS Note 48833 (http://support.sas.com/kb/48833).  What I found by using the Windows Process Monitor tool is that SAS is trying to create a file in the folder specified in the LIBNAME under a .sassl folder.  Sharepoint will not allow files or folders to begin with a dot.  I still have a track open with SAS on this issue.

I was told that this issue was fixed in 9.4 and a 9.3 hot fix is in the works.

The hot fix is available. See SAS Note 48833 (http://support.sas.com/kb/48833). Another issue we had was that our "server" name had two dots (e.g. \\dept.company.com).  We had to use an alias to keep the server from trying to treat it as an internet site even with an UNC.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation