BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
merik
Fluorite | Level 6

I have one program (written by someone else) which reads some data, runs some procedures, and in the end generates a new data set (called OUTPUT1).

I want to write a second program that would use this OUTPUT1 as the input. How can I do that?

I use SAS EG. I already "Linked" the OUTPUT1 to the new program, but I don't know how to load the data in the new program.

I am absolutely new to SAS. But I am familiar with many other languages. I need a hint to find the answer!

3 REPLIES 3
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

What kind of program do you need to write? What do you want to do with your data set OUTPUT1?

Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

Data output2;

set output1;

/*add desired code*/

run;

Reeza
Super User
Run the program in EG (right click and run) it will create the output and show it in your process flow. Create your new program or query off the output table. If the table isn't being shown check your preferences to ensure datasets are added to your project.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation