BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JuliaKarakesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate SAS Pro as it offers many tools I use almost every day. However, my very old computer refuses to run SAS smoothly, so every work takes a lot more than it would take to anyone else. The Internet is the only thing that runs without lags, so I would like to ask whether there's something like cloud option of SAS or not?

Please help, company staff will obtain new devices not before March 2015!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

Check these. You can find them easily by searching CLOUD in  sas.com

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/cloud-analytics.html

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/cloud.html

Xia Keshan

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

A cloud is imho (and certainly over-simplified) nothing else than a server/server cluster hidden to you by some abstraction layer (...already waiting for all the people telling me off now).

The point I'm trying to make: You should run commercial applications of SAS on a server and not your desktop - whether this server is now in a cloud or not.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Be aware that a cloud solution will be influenced by rules you have to follow concerning the security of your data. In some countries, a public cloud solution may be prohibited because data must be kept within that country's borders.

If your "very old" computer lacks processing power, a simple upgrade to a nominally equal (# of cores) modern server may be more than enough to solve your problem. Without delving into the intricacies of working in a cloud.

And March 2015 sounds nice to me. I face a much longer timespan from request to approval to procurement.

DerrickC
Calcite | Level 5

SAS cloud: SAS Cloud, Deploy SAS Software in the Cloud | SAS,

or if looking for different piece of software you can try NCSS, but it's not supported by SAS :smileyconfused: NCSS 10 cloud

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation