BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
michael971
Calcite | Level 5

I get the error message

Could not establish a connection to the server on the requested machine.

Verify that the server has been started and that the host and port of the server match the client's connection information.

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Did you check all settings port and server and there are no firewalls involved blocking your traffic?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
michael971
Calcite | Level 5

I did. I downloaded the SAS port checking utility and port 8591 is blocked. I tried to unblock it in Windows but it is still unblocked. I am thinking of downloading zone alarm which is a free firewall.

Any suggestions?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

8591 looks like a workspace server port, not the metadata server port, which is 8561 per default. Do you have access to the metadata repository? Which client are you using?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The sas on demand is the old educational approach what is now done by analyticsu.

I am expecting it is all focussed on eguide.

It will connect to a metadata server and when running using a workspace server managed by the object spawner.

This is a little bit complicated to explain that several ports should be able accessible all by public access.

If you are using a business environment routers and firewalls are often blocking a lot. With personal access most is left open.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation