BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stu1979
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

Need you help on the following: I am trying to send an email via SAS Base 9.2 (code below) from a server, which I connect remotely. The idea is to run this on a batch overnight.

The problem is that the code runs perfectly via batch when I am connected remotely, i.e., when I am logged in. However, when I am not, the email is not sent and the following error is generated on the log:

ERROR: Undetermined I/O failure.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

I really need the help of someone. I am using gmail via outlook. I look to all threats on the internet, already tried everything with no success whatesoever. Any help is appreciated. tks!

Code:

filename outbox email "xxx@gmail.com"

to=("aaa@bbb")

subject="SAS Routine - Batch";

data _null_;

file outbox;

put "Dear all, routine has successfully completed.";

run;

7 REPLIES 7
rpillay_csumb_edu
Calcite | Level 5

Hello there,

I am going through the same problem now. Were you able to resolve this issue? Thanks.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

How are you submitting the code when you are not connected?

rpillay_csumb_edu
Calcite | Level 5

I am running a batch job using Windows Powershell. I am connected but SAS fails in the final email step where I am trying to send an email with a summary. I have an email to SAS tech support but they seemed to be baffled themselves at the moment. When running the job in EG SAS sends the email without any problems.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

When running in the batch job, do you know if SAS has the -EMAIL* options set properly? Check PROC OPTIONS GROUP=EMAIL; RUN; in EG and compare to the same in the batch process.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Are you running SAS in batch from Powershell, or using Powershell to run Enterprise Guide using the scripting interface?

Tom

rpillay_csumb_edu
Calcite | Level 5

Yes THANK YOU Smiley Happy  Proc Options Group=email; showed me that the batch job is setup for MAPI email system. - just need an Options statement for EMAILSYS=SMTP

regulator
Calcite | Level 5

This is an old thread but the thing that was causing the error  for us was the Windows Search and Indexing service. Turning off indexing on the drive and disabling Windows Search fixed the issue.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation