BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

I am getting the error message 'Unable to access the midtier service registry' when I try to save the data to Metadata folders. I am able to save it to the physical path on the servers, but not the metadata folders. Can anyone please advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

Can you send me the content of the error message? I wanted to see if I have got the same mesaage. Also, please check if you have multiple web services deployed with the same name. The issue which I have came across was because of two werb services with the same name. Deleting one web service fixed the issue.
SAS Folders > system > services > web services

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually, I am trying to save Enterprise Guide projects, not the data. I found the below sasnote, but the issue is not with EG as I am able to do the same on different servers.

52662 - You cannot save a SAS® Enterprise Guide® 5.1 project to the SAS Folders tree in SAS® 9.4 TS1...

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

What is your environment version SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide?

KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 and SAS 9.3 on AIX.

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Do you have the same messages in the logs?

Does the user have write access to that metadata location? (Can you crete a new folder there, or save/create something else?)

KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, Users do have necessary permissions to the Metadata folders. I can create a new folder under 'My Folder' but not able to rename it or write any projects to it.

Regarding the logs, I enabled logging in EG and I see similar error messages.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

KBACHU,

am getting same error in Enterprise guide 5.1 on SAS 9.2

Am unexpected error has occured while accessing the SAS Middle-tier Web services.

Unable to access the services registry on the SAS middle-tier

am not able to rename or delete folder after i have created in SAS Folders on EG.

I checked the permissions in the Metadata level in SAS Management console,and it has all permissions.but still not able to save.

Did you find the solution after you got this error,were you able to fix the issue.

please can you share the solution.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

am getting same issue in Enterprise guide 5.1 on SAS 9.2,throws an error

Am unexpected error has occured while accessing the SAS Middle-tier Web services.

am not able to rename or folder after i have created in SAS Folders on EG.

I checked the permissions in the Metadata level in SAS Management console,and it has all permissions.but still not able to save.

please help.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

am getting same error in Enterprise guide 5.1 on SAS 9.2.

An unexpected error has occured while accessing the SAS Middle-tier Web services.

am not able to rename or delete folder after i have created in SAS Folders on EG.

everything worked fine till couple of days back,we were able to save everything in EG under sas folders.

Its not getting saved and throwing error since from yesterday.both the dev and production are on same server.

and am able to save project in EG in production but why not Devlopmemt all of sudden.

am not getting any idea,please help.

KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

Can you send me the content of the error message? I wanted to see if I have got the same mesaage. Also, please check if you have multiple web services deployed with the same name. The issue which I have came across was because of two werb services with the same name. Deleting one web service fixed the issue.
SAS Folders > system > services > web services

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

KBACHU,

Thank you so much for your prompt response,I really appreciate that.as you said I have checked under SAS Folder>systems>services in Management console.

but the services folder was empty i dont see anything in that.below is the error message i got when am trying to save the project.

An Unexpected error has occured while accessing the SAS middle-tier Web services

Unable tp access the service registry on the SAS middle tier.
------------------------------------------------------
Unable to access the midtier service registry
Unable to access the midtier service registry
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type:  SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.WebServicesException
Source:          EC.Directory
Target Site:     GetServices

Stack Trace:
   at SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.SASServiceRegistry.GetServices()
   at SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.SASServiceRegistry.GetURI(String service)
   at SAS.EC.Directory.Metadata.OMSProvider.GetSecuredServiceURI(String name, AuthenticationManager authMgr)
   at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.OMBase.InitDAV()
   at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.ProjectBase.Update()
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.LinkedRegisteredProjectFile.Flush(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectFile.Save(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.Save(Boolean resetModified, Boolean forRecovery)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.SaveAs(SaveAsPath sap, DNADecoder dec)
   at SAS.EG.MainForm.SaveAsProject(Boolean UseLocalPathOnly)

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.WebServicesException
Source:          EC.Directory
Target Site:     GetServices

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.Net.WebException
Message:         The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
Source:          System.Web.Services
Target Site:     GetWebResponse

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException
Message:         The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure
Source:          System
Target Site:     StartSendAuthResetSignal

Stack Trace:
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

I dont think, the problem is with the sastruct credentails as you were able to validate sas content server successfully. Do you know if all the users are having the problem or just you? I am thinking that it might be problem with the Enterprise Guide installation as EG uses .net framework to communicate with web based applications. Try doing the same on a different computer or try reinstalling enterprise guide.

Karthik

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Karthik,

Intially a user got this issue.then I have checked on my system same error i got.

and i don't think so it might be a SAS EG installation problem,because most of our users use EG which is published on Citrix,just they login into Citrix and work with EG.

and even i tried with EG on Citrix,same error am getting.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

From the stack trace you posted, it looks to me like you're having problems with your SSL certificate on the mid-tier web server (where the SAS Content Server provides WebDAV services for the platform to store documents) . Have you verified the SSL certificate hasn't expired, or that everything has been put in place to ensure the certificate chain to the CA is trusted?

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Paul Homes,

Thank you for your valuable advice,I appreciate that.

I found the SSL certificate is not expired not it has been renewed.

but IE browser level,I am getting an error I have installed some certificate by clicking in the certificate error on top right of the browser.after doing that i tested again saving project,but this time am getting a different error,not sure what is this error again.

any idea about this error,how it can be fixed ?

An Unexpected error has occured

Unable to store the project in DAV.
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Draft//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Error 500--Internal Server Error</TITLE>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="WebLogic Server">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
<FONT FACE=Helvetica><BR CLEAR=all>
<TABLE border=0 cellspacing=5><TR><TD><BR CLEAR=all>
<FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 500--Internal Server Error</H2>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4>
</FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
<FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 500--Internal Server Error</H2>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4>
</FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
Exception type:  SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException
Message:         Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Source:          SAS.EG.SDS.Model
Target Site:     Update

Stack Trace:
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.LinkedRegisteredProjectFile.Flush(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectFile.Save(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.Save(Boolean resetModified, Boolean forRecovery)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.SaveAs(SaveAsPath sap, DNADecoder dec)
   at SAS.EG.MainForm.SaveAsProject(Boolean UseLocalPathOnly)

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.InvalidOperationException
Message:         Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Source:          System.Web.Services
Target Site:     ReadResponse

Stack Trace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.DAVService.DAVService.itemExists(String objectPath)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation