BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alex01
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I know it's very basic...but I'm unable to create a new project. Which server directory should I choose ? I've tried different ones (desktop, my documents, sas files...), but nothing has worked so far.

I always get the same error message : the server process terminated unexpectedly with exit value 2 (see attached document).

Any idea how this can be solved ?

Thank you in advance,

error message.PNG
6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

What application are you using? SAS EG, EM?

alex01
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using SAS EM 13.2.

Reeza
Super User

You need to talk to your administrator. There's usually a special EM folder where you need to save your project, under users/your_name. Once that's determined you should contact Tech Support regarding the crashing issue.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You may want to work with Tech Support or with your Enterprise Miner Administrator. For example, this Tech Support note outlines a similar message 49327 - An "application could not log on to the server ... server process did not start" error occur... for a different version of Enterprise Miner.

cynthia

alex01
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your answer.

I saw that note before posting online. Unfortunately, when I follow the instructions and run the em_console the same error message is displayed in the DOS command window.

Any other idea ?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Contact your local people responsible for your installation.

- It could be desktop related.

It seems you have an open desktop not the normal expected closed one.

Be happy with a local installed EM client version. That eliminates the problems of Java java-browser versions.

Java is problematic with all required fixes on that coming in. SAS in not able to follow those needing an unsecure JPRE. No problem when isolated.

- It could be fixes not aligned server/client.

As the client connects to a server and most of it runs at that side. these should be well aligned. The alignment of release management of the segregated desktop / server processes can be a challenge.

This fix problem is one I have seen at he the end 2013 start 2014 where a fix of SAS in Eminer (12) was the problem of not being able to create miner projects anymore

- The Eminer project is a complex directory structure on the Eminer's server side and a registration within the SAS metadata.

For both locations your local SAS admin should have set up something and having defined the correct Access for that.

It would be the best if he (local sas admin)  would have set up fixed locations for that so you cannot make mistakes.

Some basic understanding of EM the Operating System and SAS are required.

When you are the sas local admin, tsj.....

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation