BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MadhuKorni
Quartz | Level 8

Hi...

My SAS runs on Server Machine.

I created links for data values in the report procedure which is triggered through mail from SAS.

The content of the links are placed in SAS Server.

After executing the report procedure I can open the links in the output window.

Trying to access the same from the Mail Box in the PC which throws an error path does not exist.

The problem is that I am trying to access the files in the Server from PC with the help of links.

Is it possible???

If not what are the steps that are to be followed to access the same..

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Madhu

3 REPLIES 3
MadhuKorni
Quartz | Level 8

Hi KurtBremser,

data Sample;

input Sample $;

cards;

Sample1

Sample2

Sample3

Sample4

Sample5

;

The content of the Link is stored in the server.

%do i = 1 %to &cnt;

ODS HTML body="N:\SASFolder\Sample&i..html" ;   ------------ Server Path

proc report data = Sample&i;

run;

ods html close;

%end;

Links are created to the data values in the report procedure and the report is triggered using mail.

%macro Mail;

filename XYZ email

to ="xsyz@xyz.com "

from=" "

sub = " "

type =" ";

ods html body = XYZ;

proc report data = abc;

%do i = 1 %to &cnt;

compute sample&i;

pth = "N:\SASFolder\Sample&i..html";

call define(_col_,"url", path);

endcomp;

%end;

run;

%mend;

%mail;

ods html close;

The report will be sent to the xyz@xyz.com

What steps are to be followed to access the links in the client location from Outlook on personal machine.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhu.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

So you create a file: type link in the report. Which necessitates that the file path is correctly visible on any client that tries to open that link.

If the client does not have the (same!) N:\ mapping, this can't work.

You can see the report in the output window on Enterprise Guide because EG tracks the creation of the output and does a download over its own connection. Or EG creates the same report as "SAS Report", which is just a specialized version of the HTML destination.

In order to create robust links, you need to find a way to place your output files where every possible client can easily access them. This may be a shared network location that is mapped on all the clients, or it may be a location accessible by browser via http, necessitating a webserver.

Have a talk with your infrastructure people about what's best for your organization.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation