BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ysk
Calcite | Level 5 ysk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I'm currently using 64-bit SAS and trying to import 32-bit Excel (xlsx) file.

Previously when using 32-bit SAS i was able to import using a code similar to below.

PROC IMPORT OUT= test
DATAFILE= "c:\test.xlsx"
DBMS=xlsx REPLACE;
GETNAMES=YES;
MIXED=YES;
USEDATE=YES;
SCANTIME=YES;
RUN;

But now that i have changed to 64bit system i can no longer keep the GETNAMES, MIXED, USEDATE, SCANTIME features this ultimately changes the formatting of the date fields so i have to add manual lines of codes to change it.

Is there a way to use the same code as shown above in 64 bit system? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @ysk

Sorry I can't test that for you but you may find some useful information with those links.

Did you get a chance to read Microsoft Excel Workbook Files

Maybe you can use DBMS=EXCEL. Maybe.

SAS PC Files Server might be what you need in the end.

You can install it from your depot or you can download the package it from https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=753.

Then the page to use is Importing and Exporting Microsoft Office Files When SAS 9.4 and the SAS PC Files Server Are on the S....

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation