BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MonishShah
Calcite | Level 5

I want to create a popup window with message based condition once sas program done on putty.

7 REPLIES 7
MonishShah
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response....

Actually i need sas code which i will use while running sas macro on putty and once the sas program done...will receive message like done or exit 1...and popup will generate on desktop/laptop after receiving message on putty......

Hope you are getting my points....

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS macros cannot be run on putty, they are parts of SAS programs. Putty is just a terminal emulator/SSH client that can't run any SAS code.

Please describe in detail what you are trying to do, where SAS programs will run, and where putty comes into play.

eg do you want to use putty from within a SAS program to control actions on another computer, or do you want to use putty from the commandline to run a SAS program on another computer?

MonishShah
Calcite | Level 5

We are using putty for command line to run sas program (UNIX command)..and once sas program done, we are receiving massage like done / exit 1....so for the same we will require SAS code which directly popup on desktop screen.....

Also we have sas macro which indicating through email...but my specific requirement is sas code which shows popup once my sas program done on putty...

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

AFAIK, putty (and other telnet type clients) does not have a mechanism that allows to trigger a pop-up on the client side when something happens on the server. You can only write a .bat that executes a putty with a script (which includes a "exit" command to the server when the SAS batch has finished) and displays a message once putty terminates.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

PS I get the notion that you are trying to reinvent the wheel here. Things like that (messages when jobs terminate etc) are best handled by a proper scheduling system. No need to waste brain-cycles on that particular problem, that's been solved for a long time.

MonishShah
Calcite | Level 5

Yes..batch file would be the best option to generate popup...thanks for the solution..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation