BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chribben
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I need to get a Windows application talk to a SAS database and would like to try out SAS on my local machine. Is there any trial version available?

Thanks,

Christian

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The closest I know about is something called OnDemand (I think formerly known as Learning Edition):

http://support.sas.com/learn/ondemand/index.html

Data never sleeps
chribben
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the answer.

These versions seem to be available only for US and Canadian residents or university teachers/students and I don't qualify for any of these criteria unfortunately.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Then talk to the person responsible for the SAS database, and see if there could be any other option for you.

Data never sleeps
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Anybody at SAS listening?

There are "Express" versions available for pretty much all of the DBMS products, and for development environments like Visual Studio, that let people with small-scale requirements familiarize themselves with the products. Neither SAS nor SPSS has one of these; I suspect that the first to introduce one may gain significant market share among people like the users of this forum. [Tom steps off soap box.]

Tom

Reeza
Super User

SPSS offers a 14day trial already.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation