BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dogo23
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all, My SAS EG is setup through Linux and not windows. I've written a couple queries to my folder that I would like to move locally or to a folder I can pick up on FTP client site. This data will then be picked up by Tableau for reporting purposes. In a previous role, my SAS EG was through Windows and I was able to export a sas or excel file through a statement after the query ran. Apparently I am unable to do this with the Linux setup, so could someone please help advise what method and process I can take to place my data somewhere that I can utilize in Tableau? It was recommended by a colleague to write to a folder I can in and FTP site. Not sure how to do that or what the best method is. Let me know if you need calcification or more details. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Check the documentation for the details of Filename FTP. Since FTP may or may not require user credentials like user name, password and possibly need to issue command to the FTP server to set the target directory I'm not even going to try to copy all of the documentation that may be involved.

http://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.2&docsetId=lestmtsglobal&docsetTarget...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Can you show an example of code that worked previously?

The Filename statement with FTP options would be the likely choice but your SAS admin may have restricted use (locked-down).

Dogo23
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Ballerdw,

It hasn't actually worked before, so I don't have an example to provide. In an old role when I had SAS setup with Windows, I just used proc export and place a CSV file on a personal or shared drive.

what is the proper syntax for a filename statement?

Thanks

ballardw
Super User

Check the documentation for the details of Filename FTP. Since FTP may or may not require user credentials like user name, password and possibly need to issue command to the FTP server to set the target directory I'm not even going to try to copy all of the documentation that may be involved.

http://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.2&docsetId=lestmtsglobal&docsetTarget...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation