Training Path

Accepted Solution Solved
New User
Accepted Solution

Training Path

Hello to all,

I am interest in requalyfing myself into Data Analyst (to become in a future Data scientist). My background is basically 12 years in tourism/Hotel operations & IT.  I am currently in charge of all aspects of the application used for loding opertions and dealing with our IT suppliers. So, I know a lot of my business operations and related IT systems but do not know about programing (coding).

Will like to start a training path that can make me become in a future Data scientist but uncertaing on the path I should follow considering that there are a lot of trainings offered in the "Training" section of SAS.

Can somebody help me with a suggestion on where to start my training path?

Thanks for all your help or suggestions,

Maria de Lourdes

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-15-2013 02:42 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Training Path

Hi Maria,

Here's our recommended beginner learning path: Introductory SAS Training courses for beginners

Since you have extensive IT knowledge, you could start with the Programming 1: Essentials course. This is a pre-requisite for many of our advanced courses. After this, you might want to consider the Business Analytics path:  SAS Training - Business Statistics path.

We have Curriculum Consultants who can help you work through the options and determine the best path for your unique goals. Feel free to contact them at training@sas.com or 800-333-7660.

Michele

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-15-2013 02:42 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Training Path

Hi Maria,

Here's our recommended beginner learning path: Introductory SAS Training courses for beginners

Since you have extensive IT knowledge, you could start with the Programming 1: Essentials course. This is a pre-requisite for many of our advanced courses. After this, you might want to consider the Business Analytics path:  SAS Training - Business Statistics path.

We have Curriculum Consultants who can help you work through the options and determine the best path for your unique goals. Feel free to contact them at training@sas.com or 800-333-7660.

Michele

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation