Traffic Lighting using Control Limits and Specification Limits

Contributor

Traffic Lighting using Control Limits and Specification Limits

Hello,

I am working on getting data output to traffic light based on meeting specifications and being inside the 3 sigma control limits.  The specification limits are predefined and included in data set.  To get the control limits, I have been using the Proc Shewhart prodcedure with whatever type of chart I desire.  This program I am woking on will be set up to run automatcially everyday at a specified time.  The question is, how do create a traffic lighting format with control limits that could be changing everyday?  The specification traffic lighting is not a big deal as the specifications are a constant.  But I want to traffic light the 3 sigma limits with a yellow using proc shewhart outlimits variables such as _LCLI_ or _ULCX_ depending on with type of chart is used.  This way I do not have to go in and manually change the control limit values for the yellow traffic lighting.

Over all I want, for outside of the specification limits - Flag Red

For outside the 3 sigma limits but inside the specifications - Flag Yellow

The rest would have no formatting.

In my final data set, i have all of the specification limits, control limits, and test results in the one data set.

Thank you,
Jeff

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Traffic Lighting using Control Limits and Specification Limits

If you are using PROC REPORT and ODS tables, see this paper by Andrew Karp http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/290-2011.pdf

or this presentation by Cynthia Zender

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation