The new system seems to either disregard or has reversed "notification" settings

PROC Star

The new system seems to either disregard or has reversed "notification" settings

A few weeks ago I turned off all notifications.  As of about 20 minutes ago, I'm now getting notified with every new post and I haven't changed any of my settings.

PROC Star

Re: The new system seems to either disregard or has reversed "notification" settings

I may have discovered why I have been getting notifications.  While I haven't intentionally been automatically "following" anyone, the system had me "following" around 20 people.  I went to each page an indicated 'stop following' and I'll let you know if that corrected the situation.

Valued Guide

Re: The new system seems to either disregard or has reversed "notification" settings

I removed all but two folks from those that I am following and, i think, that i removed all my tracking and following of groups, but am still getting emails by the score.

PROC Star

Art,

Since I just received an email about your post, obviously I didn't turn everything off.  I apparently did turn most off, but on each thread, there is a "stop tracking" icon.  Possibly that only comes on when one creates a discussion, but I discovered that I was unintentionally following numerous people.

Art

Valued Guide

It appears that the tracking of individual threads is at least automatically turned on by replying to a post as well.

PROC Star

Definitely have to figure out how to ensure that doesn't happen.  Plus, this particular community, doesn't appear along with the other communities like it used to.  I think that should be changed, especially if I can figure out how to stop all of the emails.

Valued Guide

I think that I am making progress on the e-mails.  I have stopped following everyone, stopped tracking everything, and stopped following the communities.  Now I am only getting emails for those threads that I have started or replied to.  Those I have to stop individually.

Given all the features that I had to turn off, it seems to negate the value of the upgrade which gave us those features.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation