BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I get this when trying to modify an existing STP. The additional message says

"AddMetadata of TextStore is missing required property Name."

A google search and a search in the SAS KB revealed no matching results for this specific problem.

Do I have to recreate the STP, or is there something that can be done on the already stored entry?

5 REPLIES 5
Quentin
Super User

Hmm, only hit I got from google was this post from you last year with same title, where I already failed to help you. : )

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Stored-Processes/The-stored-process-api-failed-to-save-stored-pro...

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

I wonder if the metadata has become corrupted - can you create a simple "Hello World" STP to check that?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Hi @ChrisBrooks, it seems to be related to the Enterprise Guide version. Modifying the STP in EG 7.1 works perfectly well, while 4.3 coughs up; The backend for this specific STP is our older 9.2 server. Other STPs on the same server pose no problem.

Even after the modifcation in 7.1, the STP is unsave-able in 4.3, although the STP was initially created with 4.3.

Strange, but I will try to upgrade the end-user to EG 7.1.

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

@Kurt_Bremser yes 4.3 is pretty ancient although I'm slightly surprised it didn't work. I mostly just use Enterprise Guide to create the STP initially and then do all the coding in DM, UtraEdit or whatever editing tool is available and then upload the edited source to the server. If I need to change the metadata I use Management Console but that may not always be available to developers depending on site policy.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Well, it's only one STP that is affected. Something must have happened that "corrupted" its metadata in a way that 4.3 can't handle. Overall, 4.3 is working fine, even with 9.4 as backend (although I haven't tested the STP creation in that combination yet).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation