The SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office is either not installed or not enabled for this product.

Regular Contributor

The SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office is either not installed or not enabled for this product.

Dear All:

I recently uninstalled old 9.3 and installed SAS 9.4 64-bit on Win 7 64 bit.  But the SAS Enterpise Guide was reporting "The SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office is either not installed or not enabled for this product" when I try to expert results to Excel.  May I ask how to resolve this issue.  Previously, I just install the software, and then the add is automatically installed.  Now, I'm not sure it is installed or properly enabled, something like that...  Thanks!

Valued Guide

Re: The SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office is either not installed or not enabled for this product.

Check all 32/64 bit dependicies. 9.4 is completey 64-bit oriented and requiring the 64-bit interfaces... all of them.

Having a 32-bit office installed will fail at al lot of things.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Regular Contributor

Re: The SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office is either not installed or not enabled for this product.

I have 64 bit Office 2010 installed.  It works for SAS 9.3 with EG 5.1, but not for 6.1 now... 

Valued Guide

There area a lot of other system dependicies on Windows/java. IF they are sufficient according the specs it is a strange issue.
The TS approach is the only option left. When you go for this it would be nice to hear the progress/solution.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Regular Contributor

I re-installed the SAS.  Now it works.  Thanks -

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation