BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

I am using web version text miner add on via enterprise miner 13.1. I am trying to use text import node and when I am trying to read in my file, its showing all the drives available on the server, instead of our DFS path(windows). I am seeing same behavior when I use Import File Node, local files are fine. But, when I choose server drive, its showing all the mapped drives on that particular app server.

Please let me know if anyone got similar issue or provide steps on how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Jit.

6 REPLIES 6
ntomuro
Calcite | Level 5

I saw the problem too, and contacted the SAS Technical Support a couple of weeks ago.  After a couple of exchanges, they said the feature is not implemented in the OnDemand version, but the explanation was not clear.

I'm looking for a more, precise answer...

jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Kurt, Thanks for you for your response.  I am able to see DFS file structure when I first setup the project. That is where I am saving my project. Issue is only with these two nodes. I am not sure if any configuration needs to be changed (for file import or text node) in order to see the DFS path instead of server directory.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you save your project, the applet that is downloaded from the server runs in your browser context and can see the local file system. Nodes where the (SAS) code is executed solely on the server can only "see" the server's file system. One way to work around this is to first transfer the file in question to the server.

jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

Ntomuro, Thanks for you for your response.Can you please let me what version of Eminer you are using, and if its also using java web start. Tech support mentioned to me that they will talk to the development team. I wonder if its the same issue with 13.2 and later.

ntomuro
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using SAS Enterprise Miner 14.1 (the latest one, updated a couple of weeks ago), and I believe it's using Java web start (because I start the app by double-clicking on 'main.jnlp' on my local PC).

I've reported an error to the SAS Tech Support, saying that even after I selected an import folder on the server, the system produced an error with the output/destination folder (with the error message "The SAS Document Conversion is not running on 'local host' ").  I'm still going back & forth with my contact at the Tech Support on this, by the way.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation