BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

I went to the awesome presentation on TAGSETS and I used to use them all the time on my Local SAS, however, I'm on a Linux Server now and I have to use the PC File Server to get my files over to a Windows environment.  Where do I put my magic word SERVER =   in the ODS Statements needed to make the TAGSETS work?  :smileyconfused:

3 REPLIES 3
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

I'm confused as to what you are trying to do.  I don't think you should need to use the PC File Server.  I can submit below on linux, and it runs fine:

ods tagsets.rtf file="~/test.rtf";
proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;
ods tagsets.rtf close;

If you are using proc template to create a tagset, that should work fine to (as long as you create the tagset on linux).

Can you explain a bit more, or give an example of the code you are trying to run?

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

It looks like you are outputting the file to your Linux directory.  I was going to try to push the file directly to the Windows directory as its destination.   For example   FILE="P:\folder|filename.xls"       We use PC File Server to "jump the fence" to the Windows world which eliminates the step of using the FTP software to drag and drop the file to the Windows directory. 

Quentin
Super User

Oh, I see what you are trying to do.  I don't think PC File Server can help you get the output report file back to the windows world.  As I understand it, PC File Server is a SAS/ACCESS engine that is useful when trying to read/write data.  I don't see how you could use it on an ODS statement to send your output destination file back to windows.  But if I'm wrong, someone will correct me....

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation