BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SNLFAM1
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there anyway to use Sybase options (Ex. set showplan on) or Sybase Stored Procedures through SAS?  Can you do this with a metadata defined libname to the database?  Is it possible using the pass-through facility for Sybase?  Can I get the results/log back in my SAS log, or in a SAS dataset, or to an external file?

I have looked at the "SASTRACE" option (SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.3 for Relational Databases: Reference, Second Edition) .  That gives information about the 'translated' query that gets passed to Sybase and has a lot of good time statistics.  I have also looked at the Sybase specific information (SAS/ACCESS Interface to Sybase), but that didn't seem to have anything.  I did notice the DBCONINIT libname option which may be part of what I am looking for, but I can not tell from the documentation (DBCONINIT= Libname Option).  The SQL Pass-Through EXECUTE statement (EXECUTE Statement) also looks promising, but I have not been able to get it to work the way I would like.

I am performing a lot of testing for our Sybase DBAs to confirm that the SAS interface is working the same as their ISQL sessions and would like to be able to hand them log/results that show items like the Sybase index that was used in the processing.  There may be an easier way to do this, but right now, I am having to infringe on the DBAs time for these tests, and they do not have much/any to spare.

Thanks for any help!!

Shaun L.

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Hi again, You are doing a good job.

For Sybase you could do a explicit SQL pass through. As that is native Sybase SQL you should be able to do everything.

I think you are searching for "in database" products. SAS(R) 9.4 In-Database Products: User's Guide, Third Edition

But there Sybase is not mentioned.    

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Reeza
Super User

Not related to sybase at all, but have you tried options msglevel=i to get more information?

SAS(R) 9.2 Language Reference: Dictionary, Fourth Edition

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation