BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pras3
Calcite | Level 5

HI THERE,

I AM TRYING TO EXTRACT A SAMPLE OF FIRMS (WITH THE SAME PERMNO) THAT EXIST FROM FYEAR FROM 2001 TO 2011 AND DELETE THE FIRMS  THAT HAS   MISSING FYEAR AT THE BEGINNING (2001) OR AT THE END (2011) OR IN BETWEEN.

THNAK yOU FOR THE SUPPORT.

P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncaTilea
Pyrite | Level 9

Could you explain this a bit more:

"THAT HAS   MISSING FYEAR AT THE BEGINNING (2001) OR AT THE END (2011)"

FYEAR takes values 2001 to 2011. If it's missing....How does one know that is 2001 missing? and not 2002??

Could you provide a small sample data?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AncaTilea
Pyrite | Level 9

Could you explain this a bit more:

"THAT HAS   MISSING FYEAR AT THE BEGINNING (2001) OR AT THE END (2011)"

FYEAR takes values 2001 to 2011. If it's missing....How does one know that is 2001 missing? and not 2002??

Could you provide a small sample data?

RichardinOz
Quartz | Level 8

I think this is the answer:  count the number of records with years between 2001 and 2011, and only keep those where the result is 11

Proc SQL ;

Crate table want as

Select id

From

(Select id

,      count (distinct FYear) as count

From     have (where = (FYear between 2001 and 2011))

)

Where     count = 11

;

Quit ;

(Untested code)

Richard

pras3
Calcite | Level 5

Dear anca tilea,

I have attached the sample dataset.

The dataset is a sub-sample data that only include low growth firms. However there are firms  which are not consistenly falling  within the low growth category  from 2001 to 2011 and have missing  data in the dataset for few years.As firms can also be facing high growth between 2001 and 2010. I need to select firms which are consistently low growth between  from 2001 and 2011 from this sample data.

Thank You.

regds

p

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation