Sql server Database Timeout Error

Super Contributor

Sql server Database Timeout Error

Hello everyone. I have some production code that tries to insert into a production data-base table, and every once in a while I get the following error.

ERROR: A database error occurred. The database specific error follows:

DATABASE error: HYT00: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Login timeout expired

NOTE: Statements not executed because of errors detected

NOTE: Procedure sql step took :

Please note that this error does not happen every time. Actually it happens a little less than 1% of the time.  THe production code runs every 10 minutes, and inserts around 10-20 rows per run (on average).

I am using the standard Odbc driver "System DSN"  with all of the default options.  My libname statement can be found below.

libname myodbc odbc dsn='odbc_transprod' schema=dbo INSERTBUFF=5000 dbmax_text=32000;

Does anyone know if there is an option to control the "timeout" in seconds so that the code will wait longer before returning this result?  Does anyone know if there is a way to tell why the code only time outs about 1% of the time (at random periods of the day).

This is a production table that other processes can write into... would it be possible for other processes to lock out the table for the full 'timeout' default, thus causing SAS to give up on trying to insert?

I'm pretty lost on what I should do for next steps, and can't seem to find any helpful answers online, so all help is appreciated.

if you need to see pictures of my odbc connection set up on the computer please let me know!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation