BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fri0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, mi doubt is very simple. How enterprises get data to make text analysis o social network analysis? Should they have every consumer as friend in facebook to capture the data? Are there other ways to get information of clients in the web? Has SAS any module to simplify that process? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Are you doing text analytics or social network analytics? They're not the same thing.

You can do text analytics on the information in tweets and/or Facebook posts/comments.

You can also do analysis on groups of friends, thing they have in common, demographic components of your audience.

Anyways, the first step in any of this is always to ask - "What is your question"

fri0
Quartz | Level 8

I'm sorry for not responding sooner.

Well, I need to do both things. But I was researching and I understood that I only could work a social network analysis of people in my network, not for people that it's not my friend and I have it not in my network. But I don't know how it is the case when they have public accounts. Is it depend of the network if I could get the data?

Reeza
Super User

fri0 wrote:

Is it depend of the network if I could get the data?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. For network analysis of FB friends data you usually have some sort of permissions set on what you can see, friends, friends of friends. The Facebook Graph API, is possibly what you're looking for and would limit what you could access but this would be outside of SAS

fri0
Quartz | Level 8

It should be my bad english. Sorry!

Well, for example, could I get the data/info of a person that is not my friend in Facebook or Linkedin to analyze his contacts?

Reeza
Super User

Only public information as noted in API, but generally, I'd say no.  Facebook and Twitter keep changing API's so hard to keep up.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation