Site Abuse?

Accepted Solution Solved
Super User
Accepted Solution

Site Abuse?

A user RedscopeArchiv has posted apparently 1000's of messages on 27 November. The number is large enough that general browse communities can't see any of the posts prior to that date.

I suspect some sort of abuse.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-01-2014 04:19 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Site Abuse?

Hi there again.. I just spoke with the team in Germany who is launching that user group. They want me to convey this message:

"Really sorry that we have caused trouble. We, the SAS Office in Germany, have migrated an external community named “Redscope” into the SAS Communities. For technical and legal reasons we decided to create an Admin user named “Redscope Archiv”. It was a one-time incident. Now we hope that the user in this external community will follow the
content and participate in all of the communities, German and English alike.

Thanks for caring so much about the
communities here at SAS!"

I apologize too as I did not know the upload of documents into the group (which you have to join) is visible. Apparently non-members can see the content but must join to participate.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

The number is suspicious but the content is actually SAS related, though not in English so I can't be 100% sure if it's valid

Perhaps someone choosing to migrate all their content/blogs to this forum?

PROC Star

He/she/they apparently have done it a number of times before as their status is listed as "Master' with 6,260 points.

Hmmm.

SAS Employee

Hi guys - this is Lainie under Community Admin account - this is valid - it is for a new German user group. I will check on this as I didn't think you would be able to see the docs unless you were in the community.. thanks for bringing this to my attention (it is valid though). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Solution
‎12-01-2014 04:19 PM
SAS Employee

Hi there again.. I just spoke with the team in Germany who is launching that user group. They want me to convey this message:

"Really sorry that we have caused trouble. We, the SAS Office in Germany, have migrated an external community named “Redscope” into the SAS Communities. For technical and legal reasons we decided to create an Admin user named “Redscope Archiv”. It was a one-time incident. Now we hope that the user in this external community will follow the
content and participate in all of the communities, German and English alike.

Thanks for caring so much about the
communities here at SAS!"

I apologize too as I did not know the upload of documents into the group (which you have to join) is visible. Apparently non-members can see the content but must join to participate.

Thank you!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation