Shared Drives

Occasional Contributor

Shared Drives

In VMware, I setup the following Shared drive: 'C:\JayBackUp\SAS\SASUniversityEdition\MyFolders\MyInputData' . and setup the following INFILE statement in a program: INFILE 'C:\JayBackUp\SAS\SASUniversityEdition\MyFolders\MyInputData\Temperature.dat'. When I run the program, I get the following error message:

'ERROR: Physical file does not exist,

/opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/C:\JayBackup\SAS\SASUniversityEdition\MyFolders\MyInputData\Temperature.dat.'

What am I doing wrong?

Super User

Re: Shared Drives

Refer to it as:

/folders/myfolders/rest_of_path

note that it is case sensitive so that myfolders folders on your C drive should not have any capitals.

Occasional Contributor

Where do I define it as all lowercase, where the Shared drive is defined, or in the code, or both? Make it all lowercase, though in reality, it is as indicated!

Occasional Contributor

Reeza, Halfway there. I renamed the complete paths, redefined them in Shared drives, when I get to the SAS Studio page, I am NOT get the Warning message not finding the myfolders directory. I changed the program, lowercasing the paths, but, still am getting the error message:' /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/C:\jaybackbp\sas\sasuniversityedition\myfolders\myinputdata\president.dat.'. Any other ideas?

I do appreciate your assistance.....jay

Super User

The actual folder/path are the most important.

The Shared Drive definition is less important as you usually navigate to the folder, or at least in VM you do, so you select the correct folder automatically.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation