BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am trying to produce a Sgplot graph using an example I found on the SAS website as a guide. Whenever I run it with my data or run the example given I get dashed lines around the bars. It does the first one with a solid border but subsequent ones are dashed.

I'm outputting to PDF and I've tried upping the dpi to no avail. I found a post stating that SAS 9.3 can use vector graphics but couldn't find where to tell SAS to do so. Here is the code and a screen dump of the result. Does anyone have a fix for this?

data trt;

input PatientID $ Start_date :date9. End_date :date9. Treatment;

format Start_date End_date date9.;

datalines;

A   05Jan2011  31Mar2011  1

A   01May2011  01Sep2011  2

B   01Feb2011  31Aug2011  3

C   15Jun2011  15Oct2011  1

D   15Jan2011  15Mar2011  1

D   01May2011  15Sep2011  2

D   01Oct2011  15Dec2011  3

E   01Apr2011  15Nov2011  1

;

run;

ods pdf file = "&dir\Test.pdf" notoc ;

title1 "Treatment Time Line by Patient";

proc sgplot data=trt;

highlow y=PatientID low=start_date high=end_date /

group=Treatment

type=bar

barwidth=0.1;

yaxis label="Patient ID" reverse;

xaxis label="Study Time";

run;

ods pdf close ;

Screen Dump:

dash.jpg

I've tried using different styles as well as various graphic options but still get the same result.

cheers

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You may either need to try more styles or modify one. The style attribute Class GraphDataN, where n= 1 to 12 in styles has a LineStyle attribute that I believe is the source of your issue. Since the values in Styles.Default (at least in 9.2) have different line styles then you get either different lines in line graphs or borders as you show, and any style that inherits from that style without modifications to linestyle will exhibit the same behavior.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You may either need to try more styles or modify one. The style attribute Class GraphDataN, where n= 1 to 12 in styles has a LineStyle attribute that I believe is the source of your issue. Since the values in Styles.Default (at least in 9.2) have different line styles then you get either different lines in line graphs or borders as you show, and any style that inherits from that style without modifications to linestyle will exhibit the same behavior.

SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Finally got the desired result with the 'seaside' style. Thanks for the heads up.

cheers

Steve

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation